My motivation for the Award Winning Enabling Programme was from both personal and business experiences.
Some 10 days after the death of my daughter 14 years ago, I became aware that the use of my own internal dialogue (language) affected and changed my present emotional state into a more resourceful state. I became conscious that my internal dialogue (words) changed the way I felt and brought me into a more desired state. What a powerful and life changing experience!
I felt guilty but was naturally stunned and curious and amazed by the power of language and the control it has over us. It was at this point I became awakened and conscious of the mind-body connection and started my journey studying this phenomenon allowing me to assist others.
From professional experiences I observed the negative impact business leaders had on employees due to their own undesirable emotional state and the damaging effect this had on the staff morale, motivation and of course the ‘bottom line’.
Many organisations have benefited from the learnings and outcomes achieved through the Roots Shoots Fruits Performance Change Programmes.
Clients have included:- a variety of FTSE 100 companies in different sectors, ITV Granada, The Scottish Football Association, KPMG, HBOS, Iron Mountain, Eden Springs, Glasgow City Council, Scottish Institute of Enterprise and many other Small Medium Enterprises. Individual clients have come from the fields of sport, music industry, media and TV.
I am an experienced facilitator, business mentor, high performance coach, keynote speaker and consultant in the business and sports world. I have travelled throughout the UK and Europe and have worked and gained experiences from many different nationalities & cultures.
I have appeared on television and have written articles and features in numerous newspapers.
On Radio, I have talked about the benefits of business mentoring & high performance coaching, along with various other issues that have included “How to Cope With Loss” and the art of reframing after a “significant emotional event”.
I am also involved with assisting other couples; especially male partners come to terms with neo-natal loss at the Queen Mother’s Maternity Hospital in Glasgow, Scotland (now the Southern General) and other referred based sources.
I am currently working on my first book, with all sale proceeds going to The Queen Mother’s Legacy Fund.
Qualifications / Skills
- Co owned a Multi Million Business
- Business Master Practitioner in Neuro Linguistic Programming with MBNLP (Michael Breen NLP)
- Business Practitioner in Neuro Linguistic Programming with( MBNLP (Michael Breen NLP)
- High Performance Coaching Model with MBNLP (Michael Breen NLP)
- Practitioner of Time Line Therapy with the Time Line Therapy Association
- Certified Practitioner of the Art and Science of Neuro Linguistic Programming with the International NLP Trainers Association (Graduate Member)
- Diploma in the Art and Science of Neuro Linguistic Programming with the International NLP Trainers Association
- Certificate in Counselling Skills with the Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA)